Marathon & Beyond (approx. 200 pages per issue) offers a number of regular features:
- My Most Unforgettable Marathon (or Ultramarathon)— accomplished runners describe their most memorable race and share what they learned
- Marathon Profile—a “soup to nuts” profile: race history, what to expect on the course, what sights to see (and avoid) in the race city, where to stay, course record holders, and additional information about the race
- On the Road—noted running scribes share observations and opinions about long-distance running. Columnists have included Kathrine Switzer, Roger Robinson, Scott Douglas, Joe LeMay, Barry Lewis, Ellen Curtain, Joe Henderson, and the department currently features Don Kardong.
- On the Trail—noted trail runner shares observations and opinions about ultrarunning
- On the Mark—our panel of experts answers readers’ running questions
- In addition to our regular departments and columns, you will find at least a dozen full-length feature stories in each issue.
- About once per year an issue will contain a special section—a cluster of articles on one particular topic. Past special sections have covered such topics as Death Valley, The Search for the Perfect Marathon, Western States 100, Masters Running, Sports Medicine, and the Antarctica Marathon.
Posted in: General FAQ